Resources that discuss interview techniques and ethics in more detail are listed below. If you have questions about doing oral history, please feel free to contact our center.
Find additional tips
- “A Guide to Oral History and the Law” by John Neuenschwander
- “Curating Oral Histories: From Interview to Archive” by Nancy MacKay
- “Doing Oral History” by Donald A. Ritchie
- “Recording Oral History: A Practical Guide for the Humanities and Social Sciences” by Valerie Raleigh Yow
- “The Oral History Manual” by Barbara W. Sommer and Mary Kay Quinlan
- “The Oral History Reader” edited by Robert Perks and Alistair Thomson